Feb 6, 2015

Why on Earth Are These Books Not Published Yet?!

One of the worst things about being a book-lover is unpublished books. I’ll read a really awesome blurb, read glowing reviews, and be completely ready to go hunt down a book in a library or even buy it on Amazon, but then, I see these words: “Expected Publication date” followed by some date that hasn’t yet happened. It’s depressing. Depressing and heart-wrenching and totally not okay.


And there are already so many of these books that I’ve come across that aren’t going to be published until later this year. To try to alleviate some of the torture of waiting, I’m going to make a list, so that maybe, just maybe, you guys can also fall in love with some of these books and join me in counting down the days until they’re finally published.




Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


I found this book sometime last year, decided I really wanted to read, discovered it wasn’t to be published for almost a year, and proceeded to push it out of my mind (because that’s really the best thing to do, I’ve found, in cases such as these; otherwise the waiting can drive one insane). But then I heard another blogger talking about it, and now it’s come back! I can’t wait until (March)!! It needs to be published NOW!!






The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi



Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

I love books that make you think, and if there's anything this book seems like it would do, it's make you think. Also, I've started to really like psychological thrillers. I blame this on We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, which was just absolutely incredible. Since reading that book, I've been really wanting to devour more and more psychological thrillers, so I'm super excited for this book!







Ink and Ashes by Valynne E. Maetani







The Heir by Kiera Cass


ASDJFKHADJ!!!!!! This book!!! This book!!! This. Book. I read The Selection, The Elite, and The One (I think all) last year. You know, that was back when it was only supposed to be a trilogy. And I looooved them!!! And then, imagine my joy when I find out that she’s actually going to be writing two (YES, TWO!!!) more books set in the same world!! I am so insanely excited for this book that I have absolutely no idea how in the world I will possibly stand the wait for it to be published. DX




The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West



Winter by Marissa Meyer

As you've probably already noticed, I love the Lunar Chronicles! I am sooo excited for Winter!!! Winter seems like she'll be such a great character, and such an interesting point of view to read from. After catching the few glimpses we did at the end of Cress, I can't wait until Winter comes out!



~Katheline Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment